Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kitchen Before and After

Our kitchen and dining room are separated by the breakfast bar and I love the open configuration.  If you remember the theme of the house - pink- you'll see lots of it here.  The kitchen is on our To-Do (remodel in entirety) list for later, but in the meantime, we'll be installing a dishwasher that actually works in the very, very near future.  


Before - do you love the rooster on the door (barf!!)

Before

Dining Room After

Kitchen After

The bowl of junk in the middle of the breakfast bar is a reminder that a home is a home even with all its clutter.  I hate clutter and knick knacks, but realize that as long as it's organized, it works for us. Organized, as in, in a bowl or put away.  :-)

Usually when you move, you pack up all the dear and special items and give away or sell the rest.  This mug was a gift from a friend to commemorate my one month stay with her in San Diego.  On the inside it says 74 and Sunny.  Oh how I wish I lived there.  I drink my coffee from it every morning and usually have a quick moment of "ahhhh" and memory of our days on the beach.  This mug will go with me everywhere until I die :-)


Another special item I was excited to unpack.  This is a 16x20 framed picture of all of our wedding guests - minus one or two who may have been in the restroom.




I purchased this from a fellow vendor at a craft fair and it reminds me of where home is.  Crescent beach is just around the corner from us.  I've always said I wanted to live on the beach - well, around the corner will have to do for now. 









1 comment: