Friday, July 16, 2010

I love this kid!

It has truly been a blessing to be home with Abby this past month.  Whoever created maternity leave for the first 12 weeks is crazy....just when they get fun, you have to go back to work?? Abby has been beyond fun!  She's been cooky, crazy, adorable and developmentally amazing.  I really enjoy watching her learn new things.  Here's what she's been up to:

  • Teeth - she has her bottom two!  I've already posted about the teething aspect, so I'll just say that these two chompers are in!  She's so funny when she runs her tongue over them. She's constantly sticking out her tongue!  
  • Giggling - one of these days I'll get this on video, but she's extremely ticklish and when you get her going there's no stopping.  It's delightful!  
  • Crawling - she has perfected the army crawl like it's her job.  She can get to anything in the room that she wants - especially electrical cords and anything we don't want her to :-)
  • Standing - I have a feeling she'll start walking soon :-(  She is pulling herself up on our coffee table and can stand on her own for several seconds.  Did I mention she's only 7 months - okay well almost 8, but still!!!
  • sleeping - still not a awesome before we moved, but getting better.  Between the move, teeth and heat her pediatrician confirmed that her sleep would be off.  We're working hard to get it back on schedule.
  • Eating - Abster is eating like a champ.  I've been making her food and she is loving her peas, peaches, pears, apples, carrots, squash, sweet potato, and new this week has been mango.  She's not a big fan of her oatmeal cereal, so we're back to rice cereal.  She's eating solids three times a day and several bottles of milk in between. 
There are a few more milestones, but I'm going to save those for other posts...there just too cute!!


All in all, it's been a blessing to be home. Everything happens for a reason and I honestly feel our move coincided with life perfectly.  Tim is very busy traveling for work and I'm busy looking for a job worthy to put Abby in day care.  I have a couple of leads, but nothing that grabs at me right now.  Within a month or so we hope to be preapproved for a mortgage and in the market for a home.  We'll keep you posted!

Happy Friday!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment