Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Art Project

Sticking with the "green" theme and trying to eliminate disposable things in our lives, cloth wipes are the perfect compliment to cloth diapers. Using fabric such as flannels, soft cottons, terry, microfiber, and sherpa make for the softest wipes. Fabric from hand me down receiving blankets, flannel shirts, or other clothing make these not only recycled but almost FREE! I'm giddy just thinking how much we'll save on not having to buy wipes. Here's a snapshot of the first batch. Colorful, bright, and FREEEEE! They are 8" by 8" and when folded, fit perfectly into a wipe container.

What will we use for a solution you might ask? An easy mix of water, baby wash, and Tea Tree oil for a disinfectant. Shake in a bottle, and spray as needed! Voila! Easy peasy....

Did I mention free, too? BTW, I got to use my new toy (sewing machine!!) in this project.....

No comments:

Post a Comment