Monday, August 31, 2009

It's a GIRL!

And a healthy little girl!

We found out on Saturday morning after booking an appointment at a place in Portland. It's sort of like a drive by McDonald's - this was just an office to have a 3D/4D ultrasounds. We had told my Mom we were having "photos" taken and if she wanted to join us, she could. I met Tim and my Mom ( I was out to breakfast with my friend Cheryl!) at the "studio" and informed her we were going to have photos taken of the little one to find out the gender. To which she replied excitedly, "you little shit"! I knew I got my potty mouth from my parents (dinner last night proved it!).

The studio was nicely set up with leather couches and a huge projection screen. The room felt small with just three of us there. While not a medical or diagnostic ultrasound, the sonographer spent a lot of time making sure we got some great snapshots. Miss peanut decided it was more fun to suck her thumb or toes. But, we did get a great shot of her face - complete with the "Legere" nose and chubby cheeks.

We'll have pictures up as soon as we have them scanned in.

They say that when one is born, another one is reborn. Well, the week we found out we were pregnant, my grandmother passed. Now, we all love our Nana's, but if this little saying is true...watch out. My Nana was full of surprises and lots of drama! Maybe Tim's Memere will make sure this little gal is well-rounded. Memere was the sweetest, nicest woman in the world!

So, here's to our little girl! Cheers!

And no, we don't have a name yet. AND, we're not sharing until the Birthday. Gotta keep something a secret, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Soooo happy for you guys! Team PINK Rocks! I think it is great you guys are keeping her name a secret. We fell in love with the name Savannah, and we really didn't want her name crushed by people's judgement, so it was a great decision for us. We plan to keep the next one a secret as well, but we won't have to worry about that for a couple more years :)

    ReplyDelete