Friday, April 6, 2012

Sassy Pants

Just last week, as we sat down for dinner, Abby began to fuss and whine and cry and scream and yell and the list goes on and on...Dinner has given us a bit of trouble lately, but we've tried very hard not to pick the food battles.  Clearly, she's not starving, yet could certainly stand to put on a few more pounds. The ribs sticking out make me a bit nutso.

Tim and I looked at each in disbelief because we.just.sat.down. I got down at eye level and said to Abby,

"Abby, why oh why are you wearing your sassy pants tonight?  I would really like to you to eat dinner with us."

Through the tears she says, "Mumma, I'm NOT wearing sassy pants, I'm wearing my RAINBOW pants."  Obviously referring to the multi-colored pants she was wearing.  Yes, Abby you certainly are.

How can you not chuckle just a bit, your heart not melt a bit, and your smile grow just a bit and say, "It's okay Abby, you can pass dinner just this time.  Now, let's get down and give me a hug!"


No comments:

Post a Comment