Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chapstick

My family are Chapstick hoarders.  My Dad buys it by the bulk package at Sam's and it lasts him a month (okay, maybe longer, but you get the drift.  My brother has chapstick print in his jeans pocket because he always has a tube there.  I have a tube in my makeup kit, bathroom basket, nightstand, car door (driver AND passenger just in case Tim's driving the truck), two tubes in my purse, a drawer in the kitchen, and a tube in Abby's junk drawer.  It's clearly an obsession.  With winter just behind us, Abby has had her share of Chapstick usage as she overcomes cracked, bloody lips from the dry, cold weather.

I tend to grab whichever tube I'm closest too.  Her response to each application is, "ooh, that's Grampy's chapstick!" or "ooh, that's Mumma's Chapstick,  "ooh, that's Uncle Chris' Chapstick" "ooh, that's Dadda's chapstick"

Here's the code:

Mint = Mumma's
Cherry = Dadda's
Regular = Uncle Chris' or Grampy's.

Yes, that's how addicted we are.  She already knows our favorite flavors.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm a Chapstick addict (can put it on one handed in my sleep apparently) and Alan fears Caroline will become one since Caroline is always snatching mine and applying it. She knows mine is Medicated and Daddy's is regular :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, cherry isn't my first choice. Mumma hoards the good minty kind.

    ReplyDelete