Thursday, December 2, 2010

Birthday Girl Part III

Abby had her One Year check up with her pediatrician today!  All is well in the health department, and I must say good things come in small packages. Our little Abster is growing like a weed!  We did place bets on her weight and both were not even close.

Height: 29.25 inches =  50%
Weight: 16.9 pounds (HOLY SHNIKES!)  She only gained 1.5 pounds!  = 1.6%
Head Circumference: 18"  = 66%
****Edited****

I'm guessing a a bit and will edit when I find the print out.  Dr. M is not worried about her weigh at all since she's very tall.  We did talk about making sure she eats a lot of meats (meatballs, taco's, etc) and even adding olive oil and avocado to her diet.  I can't say that Abby like's her avocado, but we'll try again.  Abby is also in her convertible car seat, still rear facing, but now more room to clip her in with bulky clothing.  Her height was getting in the way!

Dr. M had a good taste of why Abby might be skinny as she was walking all over the place and getting into everything.  They don't even child proof their cabinets?  Tim just got back from a business trip and is amazed how much she is walking - definitely more walking than crawling these days.  Makes for a tired Momma. I'll post a video later :-)

Here are a couple of snap shots at Thanksgiving.


Showing off for the camera with Auntie Kelly and wearing her adorable dress from
her friend Miss Ridley, who has great taste!








we were showing off how we move in circles

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving at The Proctor Residence in Belmont, VT.  Jim and Gwen hosted us all and cooked a marvelous turkey breast with all the fixings.  Unfortunately, my helping didn't stay in me for too long as I had a bit of a stomach bug.  We made it back to Maine late Friday night and enjoyed Saturday recuperating.  Fortunately there were lots of willing hands to hang out with Abby.  Her cousins adore her and I think Auntie Kelly and Auntie Erin are a bit smitten.  We had a great time with the family and are looking forward to Christmas.

We're hoping to start the decorating festivities and have hung our wreath and put up candles in the window. I am currently working at LL Bean almost every evening and needed lots of helping hands (thanks Mom and Chris!) to watch Abby while Tim was away. Little down time is cramping my decorating wants.  Hopefully the rest and tree decorating will start this weekend.

May the holidays be bright, merry and filled with Christmas cheer!  Tim and I are both excited to keep family traditions going with Abby.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe your 1 year old is SMALLER than my 6 month old! Crazy how much the little ones vary in size. I can't wait to see her walking!

    ReplyDelete