Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Abby!

One year old. What happens in one year?  A lot.  This past year has been one amazing journey with so many significant changes.  As of this moment, my darling little Abby is sound asleep with her butt in the air and my husband is snoring beside me.  I grew to love both of them more than my heart can sometimes handle.  The overwhelming emotion of thinking of where we have been and where we are going is so strong, it brings tears to my eyes. 



As I reflect on yesterday, the most fun birthday party ever, I realized we are right where we are suppose to be.  Home.  Abby celebrated her first birthday as she should - with all her family and friends.  A few key players were missing mostly because of distance, but with 60+ attendees we did it up in style.  The food was tasty, the company fantastic, and the mound of brightly colored presents was astonishing. Abby was a rockstar the whole day, taking in the hugs, kisses, the "happy birthday's", eating the cake, and opening the gifts all in stride. 








I took one picture on my camera the whole day.  Luckily I know cameras were out and pictures were taken - I just need to hunt them down. 



And wouldn't you know, the most important picture was never taken.  Which one is that?  Well, you know the one with the teddy and bright green chair?  We'll get to that one tomorrow.  For now, here are a couple taken by my friend Nicole. 


This many presents should be illegal. 


Happy Birthday, Sweet Abby Jean!

No comments:

Post a Comment