Sunday, March 15, 2015

Happy St. Patrick’s Day and Abby's New 'Do



Our annual tradition of watching the Portland St. Patrick’s Day Parade with the Benson’s continues. It was a cold one but we had lots of fun.  It was short parade followed by lunch at Gritty’s.  








Abby’s most awesome hair cut!!!

Abby had been talking about getting a haircut for awhile and we made last minute plans at Snip Its following the parade! She had 8 ½ inches cut off and donated it to Pantene’s Beautiful Lengths.  She was so proud of herself and I was so thrilled that she went through with it.  Her cut is so much more manageable and adorable!  I do love her long locks, but this was all her idea.  We just helped execute it.  I recall making up a bed time story the evening before about a 5 year old Abby who had long hair, and her friend Maria who was 6 and was very sick.  Maria had to take strong medication which made her hair fall out and Abby wanted to cut her hair and donate it to help Maria get a wig.  Abby still asks me to tell that story.  I often will take a different twist and have them playing at the playground or go swimming in the lake.  Abby loves those stories and she will smile as I “tell” them.  I truly believe she knows the character Abby’s impact on her friend.

 








No comments:

Post a Comment