Monday, February 17, 2014

14 Months and counting

Goodness, it seems like I have  many great blogs to write as I go about my day, and then I sit down to write and I got nothing.  In the moment of a fun event, while we creating a memory, I will often think, "ooh, that is a blog entry", and then poof! we're on to the next memory in the making.

Tomorrow is Sam's 14th month. Nothing really super special about it, there's no doctor appointment to attend and it's not special in a numerical sense.  So, instead we'll just share what's been going on.  Oh, Sam, how your personality is shining through.  He's giving us lots of giggles, loves to climb on the couch, and is definitely a dare-devil. He loves water and scared us a bit by the pool in Florida.  He had no qualms in just jumping in.

He is eating us out of our home.  For real.  He doesn't have many words (a boy thing?) so he expresses his hunger by grunting. He grunts all.day.long.  He is loving cereal bars, broccoli, apple sauce, yogurt, cheese itz, and so much more.  Like Abby, he's been eating what we eat - just more of it! 

He almost has all of his teeth.  He's still getting some of this molars and eye teeth.  Still teething.  It feels like it's been months.Well, I guess it has been. Fortunately, he is still sleeping through the night and loving his naps during the day.  He love sleeping with his lamby, and cuddles right up to snuggle in for a long night's rest. 

Sam is much crankier than Abby was at this age.  Yes, I said it.  I totally jinxed myself, but it needed to be said.  Tim and I just laugh and ask ourselves, and why did we want kids??  Kidding, kidding, of course!!  There are days when they are both testing us and we struggle to just make it to bed time.  But, we make it!  They absolutely love each other - that is quite evident.  Sam is now "giving kisses" right before bedtime where he smacks his lips and tilts his forehead to you.  Serious cuteness, I tell you.

Did I mention that he's a walker???   Full fledged, walker/runner.  The first time he put on shoes he threw a nice size tantrum.  To the point that I thought he was being pinched!  Nope, just didn't want to put the foreign objects on this toes.  It was a good thing we tried them out when we did to ensure he could walk appropriately while we were in Florida. He's cool with them now.  Boy, the drama, I tell you! 

Not many word yet - still just mama, dada, ball...I'm told that boys take a bit longer in the development stage.  I trust the sound advice and will just continue to read to Sam and ask him words.  I love how he picks the same three books out for bed time.  One about marine life, one about baby faces, and my favorite one about all the things I love about him (happy side, sad side, toes, nose, and ears, etc).  I've tried picking out different books, but a tantrum ensues so we stick with the tried and true.  Love, love, love.....

A not so quick update to the Proctor clan.  I'll catch you up on our rollerskating and ice skating adventures soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment