Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Nemo Comes Home!

After a bout of sickies, Abby was having trouble sleeping through the night and staying in her own bed.  I was sick of having a toddler foot up my butt and decided to bribe incent Abby to stay in her room.

Me:  Would you like to earn something for staying in your room?
Abby:  Sure!
Me:  How about 5 stickers?
Abby: Nah..
Me:  How about 5 stickers and a dollar?  (I was getting desperate...)
Abby: Nope!
Me: How about 5 stickers and 4 quarters!
Abby: Okay!

Score - I win!

Within 5 days she earned $3.50 and a whole sheet of stickers.  We talked about what she could buy with her money.  A dog. A trip to the toy store.  A trip to the candy store.  Ice cream.  I suggested a fish, and she totally bit at it!  (Pun completely intended!)

Our drive to the pet store on Sunday resulted in a lesson on money.  I shared with Abby that I wasn't sure if she had enough money, but that if she didn't, she could borrow money and she'd have to pay it back.  If she had enough, we could hit the candy store after.  Well, she was $.50 short so she owes Mimi a chore - organizing the play room at her house :-)  Tough love, right???

In all honesty, there wasn't much to choose from that was $3.50 and didn't require a tank/heater.  She picked out the lone beta and named him Nemo.   He is now sitting on our bookshelf. 



The best part?  We are back to sleeping through the night AND I don't have toddler toes up my butt crack. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment