Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Serene Moments

I'm hoping to queue up several posts recapping our trip to Palm Beach, but I wanted to write this one first.  After all, aren't vacations about those quiet moments that help you totally and 100% relax and let go?  My only regret is that I didn't grab my camera.  Don't fret - I'm sifting through almost 400 pictures to pick my favorites to post. 

Mine was on our last morning in Palm Beach.  The last moment to catch the beautiful sunrise on the crystal blue and turquoise water.  Waking at 6:45 I had to make a split decision to go or not to go. Life is all about grasping those moments when you can, so I went.  (Remind me to tell you about my 8 hour drive to see the Grand Canyon for 30 minutes).  I tossed my hair in a pony tail, grabbed a cup of coffee, and headed down to the beach.  The quiet of the morning was very peaceful. While resort workers readied the property for the hustle and bustle of the day, early risers read the newspaper poolside with their own coffee.  The walk to the beach was short.  I was there in just a couple of minutes which was the same amount of time to wait for the golden ball of heat. 

As I waited, I looked.  I looked to take in the six other people doing exactly what I was; the gentleman with his two Chihuahua's; the grains of sand falling between my toes; the light breeze moved the scent of the morning around; the waves lapping over the ripples in the sand - finally cresting over the last hill; the shells scatter across the massive beach clearly indicating the highest point in the tide; the few birds peck at their breakfast.

The colors in the sky begin to change quickly.  The night turning to dawn.  The sun turned the sky to brilliant oranges and pinks.  It happened quickly and within seconds the ball of fire rose in its predictable way and immediately filled the sky with warmth, light, and promise.  The promise of a new day never failing.  To wash away the bad days, continue the good days, and give wonder to the next days. 

In the 10 or so minutes I was on the beach, the serenity was overwhelming.  I took it all in and let it give me the strength for the day and the excitement to enjoy the last day at the pool with my family.  I hope you, my faithful readers (family and friends!!) do the same.  Grab your moment when you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment