Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What's going on? oh, nothing....

hahahahahaha

I wish that were the case! Things in Proctor Land are in the fast lane. Forget the fast lane, try the autobaun!

I'll save Abby's updates for its own post - this one is about me :-)

We've officially been in Maine for one week and one day. The transition has gone well for Tim and I - we're working on Abby. Like I said, another post. As soon as we got here and few boxes unpacked, I set up my small craft space. Some of you know I'm passionate about crafting and the earth, so I combined both into an entrepreneur type adventure. I started an etsy shop called Reuse Zone (www.reusezone.etsy.com) in early May and have recently spent more time devoted on the project. Mom and I went to a Farmer's Market on Sunday and word is getting out quickly. A market attendee has a blog called Cute Potato and she featured me on her blog!! I had two big orders for the day! Maybe this little business will grow into something big...kind of like Abby (wait for the other post!).

I have some feelers out in the retail and corporate world and of course I'm fulfilling orders for friends and family (hint, hint, hint!). My Mom's coworkers get a special shout out! Everyone has been really supportive of this new adventure. Now that I'm not "working", I'm doing what I can to add to Abby's College Fund. :-)

So, what's going on? "Nothing" is far from it....I'm a Mom, my own boss, a wife, errand runner, taxi driver, chef, diaper changer, play group mom, nurse, crafter, and on and on.....

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome Jess! Keep up the great work! It's so amazing how busy we can be when we are not "working" isn't it?! I am only on day 2 of being "self-employed" and I wish there were a million more hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete