Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's a SeaGull, Tim.

Tim and I are slowly packing up the condo and we're finding all sorts of gems. Today's gem was a painting done by his Memere. She was an accomplished painter and most of the family has a landscape picture or two of hers. The picture going up to the second floor is a picture of Tim and his Pepere gazing out onto the Cape Cod Canal. Taking down the frame on our stairs, I noticed writing on the back.

Here's what it says:

"Pepere, what is it?"

"It's a seagull, Tim."

Now, one might think this is a simple conversation, but it meant so much more to me. I realized, that as I was taking down the picture, I was in turn allowing Abby to have these same moments with her grandparents and extended family. Moments of sincere joy, simplicity, and love.

In the past few weeks I have doubted the transition because of the financial implications, but I know deep in my heart we're making the right decision.

Even if it's for the seagulls...

No comments:

Post a Comment